Full of flavor and super easy to put together, these cheese scones go great with a bowl of soup!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1 T. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1 t. paprika
● 4 T. butter, cut into small cubes
● 2/3 cup milk
● 2 T. Dijon mustard
● 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
● 1 T. milk
● 2-3 T. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment.
1. In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt & paprika. With pastry blender, cut-in butter until butter is pea-sized and throughout the flour.
2. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the milk, mustard, and cheese. Mix until the ingredients just come together.
3. Lightly flour the parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the dough onto the sheet. Sprinkle some flour on top of the dough, as well as on your hands and begin pressing the dough out into a 9x7" rectangle, about 1/2" thick. Using a large, non-serrated knife, cut the scones into 8 squares. Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with 2-3 T. shredded cheese.
4. Bake 18 minutes. Remove parchment from baking sheet onto cooling rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Cheddar Cheese Scones