This yeast bread is filled with delicious kalamata olives and it's slow, over-night rise gives it a wonderful artisan bread flavor!
- Recipe -
● 1/4 cup water (105˚-115˚F)
● 2-1/4 t. (1 pkg) active dry yeast
● 3/4 cup warm water
● 1 cup bread flour
● 2 cups all-purpose flour
● 2 t. kosher salt
● 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives,(1/2 cup large pieces, 1/4 cup fine pieces)
● canola oil
● spray bottle filled with water
1. Dissolve yeast and 1/4 c. water in mixer bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Add 3/4 cup warm water and bread flour. Use paddle on mixer and mix together on ow speed.
3. Add all-purpose flour and the yeast mixture, mixing until it comes together.
4. Switch to the dough hook and mix for 5 minutes, until dough comes away and the bowl is almost clean.
5. Add salt and olives. Mix with hook until combined.
6. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead a few times, until smooth.
7. Place dough in bowl that has been oiled with canola oil. Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator overnight or up to about 24 hours.
8. Next day, punch down dough. Turn out onto floured board and knead until smooth. Form into a round.
9. Make "proof-box" in your microwave. (To make "proof-box" place 1 cup of boiling water in a cup towards back of microwave. Once dough is in microwave, keep door closed.)
10. Find a cutting board or plate that fits in your microwave. Cover it with parchment, then sprinkle on some cornmeal. Place the bread dough on the cornmeal. Cover with a clean towel and place in proof-box for 1-1/2 hours.
11. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Slide parchment & dough off of board and place onto baking sheet. Make an X on the top of the doug, then spray with water. Place in the oven and spray with water at 3 minutes and 7 minutes. Then continue to bake for a total of 35 minutes. Transfer bread to a cooling rack.
Download pdf recipe for: