If you like a nice piece of cinnamon toast in the morning, here's the recipe for you!
- Recipe -
● 1/2 cup milk
● 1/2 cups sour cream
● 2 T. butter
● 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups bread flour
● 1/3 cup sugar
● 1 pkg. active dry yeast (2-1/4 t.)
● 1 t. salt
● 2 t. vanilla
● 2 eggs, beaten
● canola oil for greasing bowl & pan
● 2 T. butter, melted
● 1/3 cup brown sugar
● 1 T. cinnamon
● 1 T. butter, melted
● 1 t. sugar
● 1/2 t. cinnamon
1. Combine milk, sour cream and butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally, until everything is melted together. Remove from heat to cool to 110˚- 115˚F.
2. In mixer bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt with spatula or spoon. Put on dough hook and add cooled milk mixture, vanilla and eggs. Once combined, add additional flour until a soft dough forms that start to pull away from the sides of the bowl and makes a smooth, elastic dough.
3. Place dough into greased bowl, turning dough over so that the top is lightly coated with oil. Place in warm place or microwave "proof-box" until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. (To make "proof-box" place 1 cup of boiling water in a cup towards back of microwave. Once dough is in microwave, keep door closed.)
4. Punch down dough. On lightly floured board, knead dough for about 2 minutes. With floured rolling pin, roll dough out to about 14x7 inches.
5. Brush melted butter on dough, leaving a 1/2" border all around. Combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the butter.
6. Starting at short end, tightly roll up the dough. Seal the edges and place in an oiled loaf pan. Cover with a clean towel and let rise 45 minutes in warm place or proof-box.
7. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Place loaf pan on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven and bake bread for 40 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and let cool on cooling rack, sitting on a piece of parchment. While bread is still warm, brush 1 T. of melted butter on top. Mix the cinnamon & sugar together, then sprinkle on top of the butter. Let cool for 2 hours, before slicing.
Download pdf recipe for: Cinnamon Swirl Bread