Loaded with ham, egg, cheese, tomato & basil, this bread is everything you need for a delicious breakfast!
- Recipe -
For Bread Dough:
● 3 t. active dry yeast
● 1-1/4 cup water (100˚ to 110˚F)
● 4 cups flour
● 1 T. kosher salt
● 1-1/2 T. sugar
● 1/2 lb. Black Forest ham, sliced
● 2 cups Fontina cheese, grated
● 1/4-1/2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
● 8-10 large basil leaves
● 8 eggs, hard cooked, cooled & peeled
● olive oil
● salt & pepper
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
2. With dough hook on mixer, add flour, 1 cup water, salt, sugar and yeast mixture. Knead with dough hook until it comes together.
3. Roll dough out onto floured board into a rectangle about 16 inches x 12 inches.
3. Down the center of the dough, layer ham, cheese, tomatoes, basil & eggs. Drizzle the tops of the eggs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Starting on long side closest to you, start rolling up the bread, like a jelly roll. With the bread seam-side down, pinch the ends under to secure. Place on a parchment - lined, rimmed baking sheet.
4. Bend dough into a half circle. Wrap in plastic and place in refrigerator until morning.
5. Before baking, take bread out of refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Download pdf recipe for: Savory Breakfast Bread