Great pumpkin-pie like flavor, but with a cream cheese swirl center. Perfect for breakfast or a snack!
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or non-fat)
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 oz. cream cheese (regular)
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/4 t. cloves
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with baking spray; create a parchment sleeve and spray again.
1. Combine sour cream, 2 T. sugar, cream cheese and 1 egg in small bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
3. Add the 1 cup sugar, butter, water, pumpkin and 2 eggs. Mix until well combined.
4. Pour 1/2 of the pumpkin batter into the loaf pan. Carefully spread the cream cheese filling on top, then add the rest of the pumpkin mixture. Spread the batter to the edge of the pan.
5. Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean from the center. Let bread cool in pan for 30 minutes, then use parchment sleeves to lift out of pan. Let the bread cool completely before cutting.
Download pdf recipe for: Pumpkin Swirl Bread