These soft pretzels are quick, easy to put together and can be served along with soup or just as an awesome snack!
- Recipe -
● 2-1/4 t. (1/4-ounce envelope) yeast
● 1 T. brown sugar
● 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
● 1-1/2 cups warm milk (100° to 110°)
● 1-1/2 t. salt
● 4-1/2 cups flour
● 1 egg, beaten
● Coarse or Kosher salt
1. Stir yeast, brown sugar and warm water in large mixing bowl until yeast dissolves. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes or until it gets foamy.
2. Stir in the warm milk and salt. Then stir in 4 cups of the flour. (If using a mixer with a bread hook, mix 4 cups of flour in with the hook.) Once the dough starts coming together, add the last 1/2 cup of flour and continue letting it knead for 5 minutes. (If making the dough by hand, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes) Whether using the dough hook or kneading by hand, the dough should be smooth, elastic and slightly sticky.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board, cover with a towel. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 425 ̊F. and line a baking sheet with parchment.
5. Cut the dough into 24 even pieces. Roll each piece into a 12 inch long rope. Twist the rope into a pretzel shape and place on the baking sheet.
6. Brush the tops of the pretzels with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with coarse or kosher salt.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, just until the pretzels are golden brown. Remove the baking sheet and let cool on rack.
Delicious warm! Can also be served dipped in a warm pizza sauce, warm cheese sauce or mustard.
Download pdf recipe for: Soft Pretzels