These little oval cornmeal breads are great served with BBQ and delicious with a little butter and honey on top!
- Recipe -
● 1 T. canola oil
● 2 cups yellow cornmeal
● 1-1/2 T. sugar
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/2 t. salt
● 2 cups water
● 1 cup buttermilk
● 1 T. butter
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1 egg
Preheat heat oven to 400 ̊F. Use a paper towel and wipe the canola oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
1. Whisk cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring the water, buttermilk, and butter to boil, then whisk in the cornmeal mixture. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until mixture is really thick. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix the baking powder and egg together, then stir into the cornmeal mixture. Mix well.
4. To form the breads, start by getting a small bowl of cool water. Use a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup and measure dough out onto baking sheet. Dip your fingers in the water and shape the breads into 4" x 1-1/2" ovals.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Using a spatula, immediately remove the corn dodgers to a rack to cool.
Great served with butter & honey!
Download pdf recipe for: Corn Dodgers