You can have this aromatic bread on the table in about 30 minutes and it's the perfect sized loaf for dinner!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/2 cups flour
● 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
● 2 T. cornmeal
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 cup butter
● 2 eggs
● 1/2 cup whipping cream
● 3/4 t. dried basil
● 3/4 t. dried oregano leaves
● 1/4 t. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
1. Combine flour, cheese, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl or other large bowl. Add butter with mixer paddle (until it makes coarse crumbs) or cut in the butter with a pastry blender.
2. Add the eggs, cream, basil, oregano and garlic powder and mix until well blended.
3. Turn out dough onto well-floured board. Knead 10 times. Place on baking sheet and pat dough into 7-inch round. Score the top of dough into 8 wedges with tip of sharp knife. (Make sure you don't cut completely through dough.)
4. Bake for 20 minutes and test with a toothpick in the center. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Download pdf recipe for: Italian Herb Bread