Take those leftover bananas and make this delicious and moist quick-bread!
- Recipe -
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
● 1-1/2 c. sugar
● 2 bananas (pre-mash them in their peel!)
● 2 eggs
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1-1/2 cups flour
● 1 t. baking soda
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
● 1/2 c. non-fat sour cream
Preheat over to 350 ̊F. (325 ̊F. if using glass pans) Spray loaf pan(s) with baking spray and make parchment sleeve(s).
1. Mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add bananas, eggs and vanilla.
2. In small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and nuts.
3. Add dry ingredients to the batter, then add the sour cream. Mix just until there are no more streaks of sour cream.
4. Pour into prepare pan(s), filling 3/4 full. Bake in oven. For a large loaf, bake for 55-60 minutes, making sure to test with a skewer at the 55 minutes. If skewer does not come our clean, then continue baking for 2-5 more minutes. Test again for doneness with the skewer.
5. Once bread is baked through, let it sit in the pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes. Then run a knife along the 2 long sides of the pan. Use sleeves to lift the bread out of the pan and place on a cooling rack for about 1 hour, then slice.
Download pdf recipe for: Banana Bread