Quick and easy to put together, these delicious biscuits are great with any soup or stew!
- Recipe -
● 1 cup flour
● 1 cup cake flour
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1 t. sugar
● 1/2 t. salt
● 5 T. butter, cut into small cubes
● 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
● 3/4 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 450 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
1. Mix both flours, baking powder and soda, sugar and salt into large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until it's about the size of peas. Add the cheese and toss lightly in the flour.
2. Add the buttermilk and mix, just until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
3. With lightly floured hands, pinch off golf-ball size pieces of dough. Roll them in your hands and then place on baking sheet. Brush the tops with a bit more buttermilk. Bake until biscuit tops are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Download pdf recipe for: Cheese Biscuits