Made with all fresh ingredients and using the modern conveniences of today's kitchen, this dill bread is easy to make and fabulous to eat!
- Recipe -
● 1 pkg. active dry yeast
● 1/4 cup water, heated to 110-115˚ F
● 2 T. onion, minced
● 1 T. butter
● 1 cup cottage cheese, 2% small curd
● 1 T. sugar
● 1/4 cup fresh dill
● 1 t. salt
● 1 egg
● 2 to 2-1/2 cups bread flour
1. Dissolve yeast in water. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan, saute onion in butter on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add cottage cheese and heat until warm (110˚-115˚F.)
3. Put yeast and cottage cheese mixture in mixer bowl, fitted with dough hook. Add sugar, dill, salt, egg and 2 cups flour. Mix together and add additional flour, as needed, to form a soft dough.
4. Place dough in oiled bowl, and cover with a clean towel. Place in warm place or let rise in a microwave that has cup full of boiling water (simulating a "proof box") for 1 hour, until double in size.
5. Punch down dough. Turn out onto floured surface and shape into round loaf. Place loaf in oiled pie dish. Cover with towel and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes, or until double in size. (If using the microwave "proof box" technique, refresh boiling water in cup before placing dough inside.)
5. Bake in 350˚F oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
Download pdf recipe Cottage Dill Bread