Share this episode!Tweet
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 cup Andes Mints, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4-1/2 t. mint extract
- 1/4 cup milk (plus a bit more, if needed)
- green food coloring
- Andes mints (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line muffin pan with paper liners and spritz with baking spray.
1. Place milk and chocolate chips in microwave-proof bowl. Cook on 30 second burst until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
2. In bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
4. On low speed, alternate between adding the flour mixture and chocolate mixture, beginning with flour mixture. Once in, bump the speed up to medium-high and let spin for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl down and beat a few seconds more, if needed.
5. Divide batter into baking wells, filling each about 2/3 full. Swirl a pinch of chopped Andes Mints candies into cupcake wells, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes sit in pan for 5 minutes, then remove onto cooling rack.
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter for about 1 minutes, then add powdered sugar. With mixer on low speed add mint. Beat on medium speed and drizzle milk into frosting until desired spreading consistency is reached. Cream for 2 more minutes on high speed. Add green food coloring and cream until mixed. Finish mixing with spatula to make sure food coloring is incorporated.
2. Pipe or frost icing on cooled cupcakes and garnish with an Andes Mint, if desired.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Mint Cupcakes