Share this episode!Tweet
This cupcake recipe has the best of 2 worlds: cookies & cupcakes. You can use any kind of cookie you'd like and the results will be spectacular!
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 3 eggs
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1-1/2 cups flour
● 1-1/2 t. baking powder
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/4 cup milk
● 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
● 2 cups powdered sugar
● 2 T. milk
● 1 t. vanilla
● 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped, plus 6 cookies cut in half for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Spritz the top of the pan with
1. In mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Make sure to scrap down the sides of the bowl.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture. Beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
4. With the mixer on a low speed, alternately add 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/2 of the milk. Fold in the crushed cookies.
5. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Leave cupcakes in pan for 10 minutes, then remove with a fork and place on cooling rack. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, you can then frost them.
6. To make frosting: Cream the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). With standing mixer, use whisk attachment. Fold in the chopped cookies.
7. Frost cupcakes, then take cookie halves and place on top to garnish.
Download pdf recipe for: Cookies 'n Cream Cupcakes