I loved the Buckeye Candy I made so much, that I turned it into a cupcake! Rich chocolate cake, a smooth peanut butter filling and dipped in chocolate ganache...not once, but 3 times!
- Recipe -
- 6 T. butter
- 3 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/2 t. vanilla
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners
1. Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in microwave on 30 second bursts, making sure to stir each time. Once butter and chocolate is melted, set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, mix the eggs and sugar with a rubber spatula. Stir in flour, melted butter and unsweetened chocolate, salt and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Divide batter into muffin cups. (Cups should only be about 1/2 full.)
3. Bake for 21 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Using a fork, life the cupcakes out of the pan onto a cooling rack and let cool for an additional 15 minutes.
For Peanut Butter Layer:
1. Beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla in mixer bowl until well combined. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another minute, until the filling is well mixed.
2. Using a small knife, spread a nice, thick, smooth layer on the cupcakes. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
1. Heat the heavy cream and semi-sweet chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat, stirring occasionally.
2. When cupcakes are ready to come out of the refrigerator, place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet, then dip each cupcake in the ganache, coating the top completely. Chill for 10 minutes. Dip again and chill. Dip a 3rd time and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: Once the chocolate is firm to the touch, you can wrap each cupcake in plastic wrap, then place them all in a zip bag and store in the freezer.
Download pdf recipe for: Buckeye Cupcakes