Share this episode!Tweet
In this episode, Cindy makes and fills the cupcakes with a thick mango filling, then ices the top with a delicious Mango Coconut frosting!
- Recipe -
● 2-3/4 cup cake flour
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1/4 t. salt
● 6 T. butter, cut into pieces
● 1 cup mango puree
● 1 t. vanilla
● 2 eggs
● 1 cup mango puree
● 2 T. sugar
● 1 T. cornstarch
● 4 T. butter
● 4 oz. cream cheese
● 3 T. mango puree
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● 2 cups powdered sugar
● 1 cup sweeteend shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Spray tops with baking spray.
1. Mix the cake flour, baking powder and salt into a medium size bowl. Set aside.
2. Add the butter and sugar in mixing bowl and cream until fluffy.
3. Add the mango puree and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the flour mixture. Beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5. Divide the batter into the muffin wells.
6. Bake until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
7. Set on a rack and let cupcakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack before frosting.
For the Filling:
1. Place the mango puree, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for 30 seconds, until thickened. Remove from heat. Place the filling in another small bowl and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
For the Frosting:
1. Cream together the butter, cream cheese, mango puree, vanilla and powdered sugar for about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the coconut and and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or so. To Assemble:
With a sharp paring knife, cut a large core out of the center of the cupcake. Fill with 1-2 t. of filling. Place the piece of cake you cut out, back into the center. Frost generously.
Note: For the entire recipe you need between 1-1/2 and 2 pounds of fresh or frozen mango. Since this frosting has cream cheese in it, you will need to refrigerate any leftovers.
Download pdf recipe for: Mango Coconut Cupcakes