Cindy makes scrumptious Key Lime frosting and shows how she decorates the tops of the cupcakes by piping Drop Stars.
- Recipe -
Key Lime Frosting:
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
● 1-1/2 t. Key lime zest
● 1 t. vanilla extract
● pinch of salt
● 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
● 3 T. Key lime juice
● 1 T. milk (you can add an additional T. if needed)
● extra lime zest (note: You will probably need a total of 5-8 key limes for the recipe)
1. With a wire whisk attachment on the mixer, beat the butter, lime zest, vanilla and salt until creamy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with Key lime juice and milk (about 1 T. each at a time). Continue beating creamy. Note: Frosting should be quite thick for piping, but if you want a softer frosting, you can add an additional 1 T. of milk to the frosting.
Use a disposable piping bag with a #35 Drop Star Tip. Start by piping a row of drop stars along the edge of the cupcake, then move towards the center. Top with lime zest.
Download pdf recipe for: Key Lime Cupcakes