These cupcakes have incredible flavor, thanks to those tiny little Key Limes! In this episode, Cindy makes the delicious white cake cupcakes needed for the recipe.
- Recipe -
● 1 cup + 2 T. cake flour
● 3/4 cups sugar
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 6 T. butter, cut into small pieces
● 1/2 cup 2% milk
● 3 egg whites
● 1 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F.Line 12 cup muffin pan with liners; spritz the top of the pan with baking spray, if desired.
1. In mixing bowl, add cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Add butter and beat on low speed until butter totally mixes into the flour.
2. Pour milk, egg whites, and extracts into a measuring cup or bowl and mix with fork.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and let beat for 2 minutes, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl down after a minute, or so. (You can turn the speed up to medium once the flour is mixed in.)
4. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cupcake wells, using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Bake the cupcakes for 18 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness. Let the cakes rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooking rack for an hour or more, to completely cool.
Download pdf recipe for: Key Lime Cupcakes