I've taken an old-fashioned carrot cake, added walnuts and pineapple to it and made it into a cupcake that's topped with cream cheese frosting....carrots never tasted so good!
- Recipe -
● 1 c. flour
● 1 c. sugar
● 1 t. baking soda
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1-1/2 t. cinnamon
● 2 c. grated carrots
● 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
● 2 eggs
● 1/2 c. canola oil
● 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
Cream Cheese Frosting:
● 4 oz. cream cheese
● 2 T. butter
● 1 cup powdered sugar
● 1/4 t. lemon extract
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
1. Mix together flour, sugar, soda, salt, cinnamon, carrots and walnuts. Set aside.
2. In mixer, beat eggs until␣ frothy, about 1 minute.Then slowly add in the oil. Add the flour mixture all at once and beat, just until everything comes together. Then add the pineapple and mix for just a few seconds.
3. Divide the batter into 12 lined cupcake wells. Bake 18-22 minutes and then test with a toothpick for doneness. Let the cupcakes cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and let cool for about 1 hour.
1. Using a whisk attachment on the mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter together for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and cream for another minute. Add the lemon extract, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat for 1 minute, scrape down the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes, until frosting is fluffy.
To assemble: Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and top with chopped pecans.
Note: Because this frosting is made with cream cheese, these cupcakes will need to be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Download pdf recipe for: Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting