Chocolate, marshmallows and pecans...what a southern treat!
- Recipe -
● 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
● 4 T. butter
● 1 cup brown sugar
● 2 eggs
● 1 cup flour
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or lite)
● 1/2 cup hot water
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
● 3/4 cup chopped pecans
● 4 T. butter
● 3 T. milk
● 1-1/2 T. cocoa powder
● 1 cup powdered sugar
● 1/2 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. (Use 30 second bursts, stirring each time.)
2. In mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar together until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, then melted chocolate. Beat until just combined.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add 1/2 the flour to the butter/ sugar mixture, then 1/2 the sour cream. Repeat. Gradually add the hot water & vanilla, beating on a low speed until just combined.
4. Divide the batter into 12 cupcake wells and bake for 18 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Immediately top each cupcake with some marshmallows. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes, just until the marshmallows begin to turn golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let the pan cool for 5 minutes. To help loosen the cupcakes, run a small knife around the edges of the cakes and use a fork to lift out of the pan. Place the cupcakes on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment.
6. For glaze: In a small saucepan, bring butter, milk and cocoa to boil. Remove from heat and whisk powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
7. Drizzle the glaze over the cupcakes and then top with pecans.
Download pdf recipe for: Mississippi Mud Cupcakes