Chocolate cake...good....Cheesecake...good....Black & White Cupcakes....YUM!
- Recipe -
● 1/2 c. (3 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
● 1 cup ﬂour
● 1/2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/2 cup butter, softened
● 1-1/4 cups sugar
● 2 eggs
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1/2 cup sour cream
● 1/2 cup water
● 8 oz. cream cheese,softened
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 t. almond extract
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Fill 12 cupcake wells with paper liners. Spray with cooking spray. Set tin aside.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave, in 30 second bursts. Set aside.
3. Mix ﬂour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in bowl. Set aside.
4. Cream butter & sugar in mixer for 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate. Then add eggs, vanilla and sour cream. When well mixed, add 1/2 the ﬂour, then the water, then the rest of the ﬂour.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake wells, ﬁlling about 2/3 full.
1. Mix cream cheese & sugar together in mixer, until just blended. Add egg, almond and vanilla. Mix until well combined Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a tablespoon of ﬁlling onto the top of each cupcake.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let ﬁnish cooling on rack.
(At this point you can use the rest of the batter to make 4 more cupcakes.)
Make sure to refrigerate these cupcakes (because of the cream cheese) or wrap them individually and freeze them.
Makes 16 cupcakes
Download pdf recipe for: Killer Black and White Cupcakes