These chocolate cupcakes have Irish Cream liqueur in the cake and in the cream cheese frosting. They're not just for St. Patrick's Day either!
- Recipe -
● 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
● 1/2 cup butter
● 1/3 cup cocoa powder
● 3/4 cup flour
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 1/4 t. baking soda
● 1/8 t. salt
● 2 eggs
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1/4 cup buttermillk
● 1/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur
● 8 oz. cream cheese
● 4 T. butter
● 3 T. Irish Cream Liqueur
● 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325 ̊F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
1. Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave on 30 second bursts. Set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Add eggs, chocolate mixture, vanilla, buttermilk and Irish Cream. Beat until batter is smooth.
4. Scoop batter into pans and bake for 20 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Let cupcakes cool on in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
1. In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, butter, and Irish Cream. Beat until fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar and mix for 2 minutes. Then scrape down the bowl and mix for another 2 minutes. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Note: These cupcakes must be kept in the refrigerator because of the cream cheese frosting. You can also put the frosted cupcakes in the freezer over night, then wrap individually with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag in the freezer. They will keep this way for up to 3 months. When you're ready to have a cupcake, take one out of the freezer, immediately unwrap it and let it sit out for 15 minutes to defrost.
Download pdf recipe for: Irish Cream Cupcakes
Update: You can substitute Irish Cream coffee creamer for the Irish Cream liqueur!