This light, white cupcake has lots of delicious whipped chocolate ganache on top!
- Recipe -
●1 cup+2T.cake flour
● 3/4 cup + 2T. sugar
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1 t. salt
● 6 T. butter, cut into cubes
● 1/2 cup milk
● 3 egg whites
● 1 t. almond extract
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● 1 cup heavy cream
● 1-1/3 cup (8 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixer. Add butter and mix until the flour looks like moist crumbs.
2. In a measuring cup, mix milk, egg whites, almond and vanilla together. Add all but about 1/2 cup into the flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed, then add the rest of the liquid and beat until just combined.
3. Scoop into cupcake pans and bake for 18 minutes. Use toothpick to test for doneness. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to rack to cool.
1. Put cream and chocolate into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second bursts, making sure to stir each time, just until the chocolate is melted. Switch to a whisk and whisk the melted chocolate and cream together. Set aside for 30 minutes, then place in refrigerator for another 30 minutes to cool down.
2. When you're ready to frost the cupcakes, transfer the chocolate to a mixing bowl and whip on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 3 minutes on high speed. Frosting should be light and fluffy.
Note: Because of the cream in this frosting, you will need to refrigerate any leftovers. You can also put these frosted cupcakes into the freezer (don't wrap them up!) to freeze solid over night. The next day, take them out of the freezer, wrap them individually in plastic wrap, then place them in a resealable freezer bag and put them back in the freezer. Whenever you'd like a cupcake, take one out of the bag, unwrap it, and let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes to defrost. They will taste delicious!
Download pdf recipe for: White Cupcakes with Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting