These cupcakes are delicious AND beautiful! Full of real coconut and not too sweet...
- Recipe -
● 1 egg
● 3 egg whites
● 1/3 cup cream of coconut (make sure to mix it well in the can)
● 2 T. water
● 1 t. vanilla extract
● 1 cup cake flour
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1-1/2 t. baking powder
● 1/4 t. salt
● 6 T. butter, cut into small dice
● 1 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut (about 8 ounces)
● 4 T. butter
● 4 oz. cream cheese
● 2 cups powdered sugar
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1/2 cup coconut
● 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
1. In large measuring cup, add whole egg, egg whites, cream of coconut, water & vanilla. Mix together well. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in mixer bowl. Add butter a bit at a time, and mix until butter is pea-sized.
3. With mixer still running, add the egg/cream of coconut mixture. Mix until light and fluffy on medium speed, about 3 minutes. Add shredded coconut and mix until just combined.
4. Divide batter in cupcake pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Cool pan for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to rack to cool completely.
For the Icing: Cream together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar & vanilla for about 2 minutes.
Add the 1/2 cup of coconut and beat 2 more minutes. When you're ready to frost the cupcakes, put the 1-1/2 cups of coconut into a medium bowl. Frost the cupcakes with the icing, then dip each cupcake, upside down, into the bowl of coconut, making sure to coat the top completely.
Note: Since this frosting has cream cheese in it, you will need to refrigerate any leftovers.
Download pdf recipe for: Coconut Snowball Cupcakes