Simple and delicious, these strawberries have amazing flavor and look beautiful, too!
- 8 oz. cream cheese (regular or lite)
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Orange Marmalade (see Farmers' Market Gourmet #34 for recipe)
- large strawberries
- 1/2 grapefruit
- lemon leaves
1. In a small bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and marmalade. Place in refrigerator while preparing the berries.
2. Rinse and pat dry the strawberries. With a small paring knife, cut out the stem, then hollow a cavity out in each of the berries.
3. Place the cream cheese mixture in a piping bag with a large star tip. Place the tip into each strawberry and fill with the cream cheese mixture, making sure it create a large drop flower on top.
4. Place a toothpick up through the bottom of the berry and place the blossom into the grapefruit half. (The grapefruit should be overturned onto a plate.)
5. Continue making blossoms and placing them into the grapefruit. When done, place the plate with the berries in the refrigerator to chill, but do not cover it until the cream cheese stiffens.
6. When you're ready to serve, slide rinsed lemon leaves under the edges of the grapefruit.
Note: You can also place the unfilled strawberries (with toothpicks) into the grapefruit half and keep in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. Then at the last minute, pipe the cream cheese mixture into the berries. This method works well if you are traveling with this dish, as well.
Download pdf recipe for: Strawberry Orange Blossoms