With just a cup of blackberries you can make these delicious scones!
● 2 cups flour
● 1 T. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 6 T. butter, diced
● 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
● 1 cup half & half (plus a bit extra for the tops)
● Sugar to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 400 ̇F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
1. Place flour, baking powder and sugar in bowl. Mix, then cut in the butter with a pastry blender until pea-sized.
2. Toss in blackberries, then carefully mix in cream until dough comes together.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured baking sheet and gently press out into a circle that is about 1/2" thick.
4. WIth large knife, cut the dough into 8 triangles, making sure not to separate the wedges.
5. Brush the tops with a bit more cream, then sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15-18 minutes. Edges should be golden brown and the center, baked through. Remove off of baking sheet and let cool 15 minutes on cooling rack, then use a pie server to separate the wedges and serve. Delicious with Faux Clotted Cream (Come For Tea: Episode #4).
Download pdf recipe for: Blackberry Scones