Share this episode!Tweet
These quick little bites are great for your tea tray. Ham and cheese wrapped in puff pastry...delicious!
- Recipe -
● puff pastry (defrosted, if frozen)
● 2-3 T. Dijon mustard
● 10 slices ham, thinly sliced
● 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. On a piece of plastic wrap, lay out a 9 inch square of puff pastry. Spoon the dough with the mustard, making sure to leave la 1/2-inch border all the way around the edges.
2. Shred the cheese on top of the mustard, then layer the ham on top of the cheese.
3. Place another piece of plastic wrap over the the pastry and roll slightly with a rolling pin to gently fuse the ingredients to the pastry. (This will help the palmiers keep their shape while they bake.)
4. Mark the center edges of the pastry and begin rolling the edge closest to you, towards the center. (Make sure the roll is tight and as straight as possible.) Then roll the other side towards the center until they meet in the middle. (Make sure the pastry touches and sticks together.) Wrap the roll in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
5. Unwrap the dough and lay it on a cutting board. Using a non-serrated knife, cut the roll in half. Then begin making 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. Arrange them on the baking sheet, leaving space for the pastries to puff and expand. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
Download pdf recipe for: Savory Palmiers