Scones are always great with a cup of tea, but when you add some fresh raspberries and a little lemon zest, they are perfection!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1/8 t. salt
● 6 T. chilled butter (cut into pieces)
● 1/2 cup + 2 T. 2% milk
● 1 egg
● 1 lemon, zested
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1 cup raspberries
● milk & sugar for the tops
Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until the butter is pea-sized. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the milk, egg, lemon zest and vanilla. Mix lightly with a fork and pour into the flour mixture, but don't mix yet! Add the raspberries, and then gently toss the ingredients together with a spatula, until the dough comes together.
4. Sprinkle some flour onto the parchment and place the dough on top of the flour. Using your hands, gently press the dough into a circle, then pat out until it is about 1" thick. If the dough becomes sticky, dust with a bit more flour.
5. Using the tip of a paring knife, score the scones into 8 wedges. 6. Pat some milk onto the tops of the scones, then dust with sugar. 7. Bake for about 18 minutes until lightly browned.
Download pdf recipe for: Fresh Raspberry Scones