Share this episode!Tweet
These fresh and delicious tea sandwiches use ingredients that California is known for!
- Recipe -
● sour dough or wheat bread
● light or regular mayonnaise
● 1/3 fat cream cheese
● slices of avocado
● slices of tomato
● fresh sprouts (clover, alfalfa)
● salt & pepper
1. Trim the crusts from the bread.
2. Spread a thin layer of mayo on each slice, then a layer of cream cheese.
3. Lay slices of avocado down the center of half the bread, then cover with slices of tomato. Salt and pepper the tomato.
4. Place the sprouts on top of the tomato. Cover with the other sides of the bread, pressing the sandwich together.
5. Look at the shape of the sandwich and cut into smaller tea sandwiches (squares, fingers, etc...)
6. To keep the tea sandwiches fresh, lay a barely damp paper towel on top, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. These sandwiches will keep for at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
Download pdf recipe for: California Tea Sandwiches