This simple tea bread has lots of great coconut flavor!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
● 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, untoasted
● 2 cups flour
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 2-1/2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 3/4 cup milk
● 1/2 cup melted butter
● 2 eggs
● 2 t. vanilla
● 1/2 t. almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Spray a large loaf pan with baking spray.
Make a parchment sleeve and spray again.
1. In food processor, use the steel blade and process the toasted and untoasted coconut together until ground fairly fine.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the ground coconut, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, butter, eggs, vanilla and almond. Mix until just combined.
3. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Test with a skewer for doneness.
4. Let bread sit in pan for 10 minutes, then use parchment sleeves to remove to cooking rack
Note: Toast coconut by placing in dry skillet over medium heat. Stir continuously, until lightly toasted.
Download pdf recipe for: Coconut Tea Bread