Moist, delicious and full of lemon flavor, this pound cake will be a welcome site on your tea tray!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/2 cups cake flour
● 1 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1-1/4 cups sugar
● zest of 2 lemons
● 2 t. lemon juice
● 4 eggs
● 1-1/2 t. vanilla
● 1 cup butter, melted
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1/4 cup lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Make a parchment sleeve for a loaf pan and spray with baking spray.
1. In bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, mix sugar and zest together. Then add lemon juice, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well.
3. Add flour and beat until just combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 ̊F and bake about 30 minutes more. Test with wooden skewer to make sure cake is cooked through.
5. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then using sleeve, remove from pan and let cool on rack.
For Lemon Syrup: 1. While the cake is still cooling in the pan, bring the sugar and lemon juice to boil in small pan over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
2. After you remove the cake from the pan, use the testing skewer to poke holes in the top and sides of the cake. Then use a pastry brush to brush the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool completely (about 1 hour) before slicing.
Note: This cake can wrapped up and stored at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Download pdf recipe for: Lemon Pound Cake