A light & moist gingerbread cake, topped with a delicious cream cheese and orange glaze. Perfect for any holiday tea!
- Recipe -
● 2 eggs
● 1 cup sugar
● 1/3 cup canola oil
● 1 cup applesauce
● 1 t. baking soda
● 1-1/2 cups flour
● 2 t. cinnamon
● 2 t. ginger
● 1 t. ground cloves
● 1/4 t. salt
● 4 oz. cream cheese (regular or lite)
● 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● Zest of 1/2 and orange
Preheat oven to 325˚F.
Spray 9" square pan with baking spray. Make a parchment sleeve and spray again.
1. Beat eggs & sugar together until light yellow, about 4 minutes. Add oil and beat another minute.
2. Mix applesauce and add baking soda in a small dish. Set aside.
3. In bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and spices. Set aside.
4. Mix half of the flour to the egg mixture, then half of the applesauce mixture. Repeat.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Use sleeves to take cake out to cool on rack.
1. Using whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until light. Add powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Then add vanilla & orange zest. Beat 4 minutes.
2. Make sure to do a final mix with a spatula. Pour the glaze onto the center of the cooled cake. Use a small spatula to move the glaze to just the edge of the cake. Let glazed cake set up at room temperature or place it in the refrigerator.
Note: Because of the cream cheese in the glaze, make sure to refrigerate leftovers.
Download pdf recipe for: Glazed Gingerbread Tea Cake