Perfect for any Fall or Winter Tea!
- Recipe -
1-3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. cloves
1/3 c. butter, cut into pieces
1/2 c. dried tart cherries
1/3 c. milk
1 T. sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In large bowl, using wire whisk, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
2. Place butter into flour mixture. With pastry cutter, cut butter into pea- sized pieces.
3. Add milk, egg and cherries to flour and gently mix with rubber spatula, just until dough pullstogether.
4. Turn dough onto slightly floured parchment and pat into a circle. Press out into an 8” circle. Dab the top with a bit of milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but don’t separate,
5. Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Download pdf recipe for: Spiced Cherry Scones